Sunday, January 2, 2011

Year of 2010

I guess it is traditional to write about what’s happened in the year past and what you want to happen in the year to come. And I must say there was a lot that happened in 2010.

I had several things I wanted to do this past year and actually did them.

Ride a horse. I have always wanted to go horse back riding. I could just see myself sitting on top of this huge animal, galloping through the fields with my long blonde hair blowing in the wind. You know like on TV. That’s not exactly how it went down.

We went riding in the mountains, got loaded up on our horses. Mine was named buddy. So far, so good. Then things went down hill, literally. We traveled down a mountain in a single line with five other horses on an extremely muddy path. My horse ran me into a tree and scrapped my knee up and it took everything I had to keep my horses nose out of Scott’s horse’s but. Not to mention the enormous amount of poop. So, been there, done that. Not again.

 

We also went Zip lining and that was AWESOME. I suggest everyone, young and old, try that.

I finally went on a hot air balloon ride. Thank you daddy. My dad gave me this for my last birthday and I just got around to using it. I had the time of my life. Scott and I were both amazed at how much we loved floating over Anderson. It is a little pricy but so worth it.

 

My Garden! Oh my true love was so very productive this year. This was my second year doing it and I truly love having the fresh veggies to cook. I tried to start from seeds this year and it was a flop. So I won’t be doing that again. Buy plants!

This year by sweet baby graduated high school. It was a bitter sweet moment. I was so proud.

My youngest turned 16 years old.

 

We fried our first and not last turkey this Thanksgiving.

 

Christmas! I planned a trip to have Christmas in the mountains this year. Well it was actually the week before. It was the best this I have ever decided to do. We had a blast. We spent 4 days in Bryson City, NC at a cabin; it snowed 6 inched the morning after we arrived. We had snowball fights, made snow angels and played board games all day. This trip really brought our family together. I think this will be an every year event.

 

Thanks for a wonderful year 2010! Stay tuned for what’s to come in 2011!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Sounds like an awesome year!!

Post a Comment