Friday, October 7, 2011

Mama has a new bag!

Pattern Simplicity 2617 Purse B

I have been dying to make a purse for the fall. And to my luck Hancock Fabrics had a huge sale on patterns. Picked one out and I almost couldn’t wait until I got home to start.

I have some what of a fabric addiction right now so I had plenty of material at home. Just picking the perfect one took the longest.

For some reason I got a thing with green right now so I went with it. Green and brown seem like great fall colors.

This is the best project I have done thus far. I am truly in love with it. This pattern really let me explore some techniques I haven’t used before.



I have never sewn a pocket like the one in this bag. And to my amazement it was soooo easy. Also, I bought a sewing machine that has 89 stitches and had yet to find anything to use the decorative stitching on. So when the instructions said to use decorative stitching, I about peed in my pants.




It was “sew” much fun. It’s not a beginner pattern, but for someone looking to take the next step, it is perfect.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment