Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hannah Mae's T-shirt quilt


Graduation is one of the most important days for a student and one of the proudest days for a parent and the Grads family. My son’s girlfriend, Hannah Mae, graduated this year. I wanted her to know how proud I was of her so I wanted to do something extra special to make her stand out. You know what that means – off to Pinterest. Lol

I noticed she had posted a t-shirt quilt in on of her boards. Even though I have been quilting since the first of the year this was something I had never did. I had to tell her because I had to get the shirts she thought best represented her through her high school years. After that everything else was a secret.

I basically just picked a dimension that would fit all the shirts – 14 x 14. It was slightly difficult cutting the shirts because as the shirts were washed over the years they had twisted slightly. After I had all the shirts cut I ironed the “iron on interfacing” on the back of the squares. Sewed the blocked together – 4 across and 5 down. I had Hannah Mae pick out her backing. I wanted it to be her favorite color. I set it off I had a square of the backing monogrammed in the shape of a SC Palmetto tree. Below is the final product. Pretty sure she loved it.






0 comments:

Post a Comment