Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Quiet time

My friend Jess inspired me on this one, mandatory quiet time. I love it. Today I couldn’t wait to get home and have my quiet time. I grabbed my new cookbook and sat on my porch swing with my faithful dog Sammy (he was trying to read or eat the book too) and spent a good 30 min looking at recipes. The birds were singing, my neighbor’s dog was barking, my neighbor was yelling at her dog to shut up, that’s nature if I ever heard it. No husband, no kids, no phone or TV; only the sound of nature.

Some of you may or may not know but I am completely addicted to cookbooks but I never get to really look good and hard at them. I am taking this opportunity to do that. I found a ton of great recipes that I can’t wait to try.

I am also making my kids take quiet time. They are not as happy about it as I am. Quiet time consisted of no music, electronics or phones. Lose touch with the world and get in touch with yourself and God.

I feel a lot more relaxed after my quiet time today. Everyone should try it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment