Monday, January 9, 2012

Quilting…..and loving it.

I have decided to make a quilt along with Vicki and my dear friend Amy M. We decided to go by several different tutorials on the internet. So far it seems really easy to me.
First you have to pick out your fabric. I choose 4 different mellow prints. Amy M. bought a layered cake pack (42 pieces of 10 inch by 10 inch fabric all different) off the internet and Vicki selected 1 large bold print with 3 coordinating colors.  

Next is the design. I personally designed my own and Vicki is kinda following my design. Amy M is following a design from here.

The hardest part to me was cutting the fabric. You use a rotary cutter and a self healing mat. (This blew Hayden’s mind). And this part takes quite a long time to do.

I have started sewing my blocks together and that’s where we are today. I will keep you updated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment